Preferred Freezer San Leandro
Partnering with Preferred Freezer Services in San Leandro, California, Victory Unlimited Construction built an energy-efficient, 248,195 square-foot freezer with cold storage, including a dock with space of 13,000,000 cubic feet of room. Additional features include interior and exterior LED lighting, 200,000 square feet of exterior paved concrete truck and trailer parking, and a 1,000-kilowatt, three-phase, 480-volt Cummins generator that is equipped to power all of the facility’s critical needs during power outages. Ground was broken in July 2013 and construction was completed in June 2014.
Other project features include:
- The building can hold 45,000 pallets, and the 60-foot racking height, refrigeration systems, multiple freezer boxes and aisles are designed to minimize operating costs.
- The design also eliminates wasted motion in the handling of pallets.
- With energy-saving in mind, the facility is up to code with eight-inch floors instead of six, roof insulation over Freezers A, B and C of nine inches, and a six-inch roof over the medium temperature dock.
- The facility’s roof and steel structure has been designed to support future solar panels, further contributing to the use of green technology.
- Construction completed in 11 months.
Enjoy our time-lapse video for this project